I hope this letter finds you and your families well. Recently the New York State Department of Health released a memorandum to schools regarding updates to COVID-19 protocols for 2022-2023 school year. Below is a list of those recommendations:
- Positive test results, symptoms, or exposures to COVID-19 are still required to be reported to the district. To report yourself or your child testing positive for COVID, an exposure, or COVID-19 symptoms, please contact Perrotta Consulting at 516-434-2031 or email email@example.com.
- Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 must stay home for 5 days and may return to school after 5 days of isolation if a mask is worn on days 6-10.
- If an individual who tested positive for COVID-19 submits proof, to Perrotta Consulting, of two negative tests 48 hours apart at any point in their isolation period, they may return to school without a mask once their isolation is complete. A 5-day isolation period is always required for positive test results.
- If your child is determined to be a close contact, they will not be mandated to quarantine after an exposure to COVID-19 if they are not experiencing any symptoms.
- If a student in your child’s class tests positive for COVID-19, or your child was determined to be in close or proximate contact with an individual who tests positive for COVID-19, you will receive a notice (phone/e-mail) notifying you of the exposure and what the recommended protocols are.
Additionally, the district will continue to follow all cleaning and disinfection requirements from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Department of Health – particularly on high-touch surfaces and areas of know COVID-19 infection. We are dedicated to keeping the children of the Elmont Union Free School District safe and are excited for the start of an amazing year!
Superintendent of Schools
Click Here to View as a PDF