Elmont student artwork on display at LICM
The artwork of 35 students from the Elmont School District was displayed at the Long Island Children’s Museum Community Gallery throughout the month of April. Students visited the museum on April 16, along with art teachers, parents and school administrators, who congratulated them on having their work showcased. The featured pieces, which were selected by the district’s art teachers, were created in a variety of media and represent a range of styles and subject matter.
Congratulations to the following students: Alden Terrace School’s Gayle DeRizzio, Grant Mikhail, Leonel Lewis, Areej Mushtaq and Brisseyda Palomeque; Clara H. Carlson School’s Kiara Arcilla, Jasmine Bonilla, Karise Buckley, Stuart Menjivar, Kyla Montoya, Yanely Osorio and Alyssa Simpson; Covert Avenue School’s Jose Alarco, Febina Kurian, Sophia Mavrovitis, Serena Thomas and Hailey Valentin; Dutch Broadway School’s Oluwatamilore Akano, Raymond Cunningham, Anzar Faraz, Nishita Patel, Ayesha Raghunauth, Kamrul Rayan, Jocelyn Ruiz and Saera Schumacher; Gotham Avenue School’s Daniel Breibat, Ethan Broadbelt, Aurelie Estime, Kyle McGruder and Kelsey Rodriguez-Fernandez; and Stewart Manor School’s Sarina Jubaer, John McCann, Eleanor Morhart, Benson Zhang and Emily Zhang.
Gotham Avenue Principal Marshall Zucker commended their artistry. He also expressed his gratitude to the art teachers for working with the students.
Photo Captions: 1. Alden Terrace School student-artists are pictured with Principal Shawnée Warfield and art teacher Zöe Sanders.
- Clara H. Carlson School student-artists are pictured with Assistant Principal Richard Mansfield and art teachers Lauren Romano and Lynsie Loud (right).
3. Covert Avenue School artists are pictured with Principal Mary Natoli (left) and art teacher Kaitlyn Judge.
4. Dutch Broadway School artists are pictured with art teachers Sofia Lozefski (left) and Assistant Principal Brendan Alfieri.
5. Gotham Avenue School student-artists are pictured with Principal Marshall Zucker and art teacher Gina Carr.
6. Stewart Manor School student-artists are pictured with Principal Hope Kranidis (left) and art teacher Kathleen Celestin-Parks. 7. Elmont District students who are being exhibited at the Long Island Children’s Museum are pictured with district art teachers and administrators
7. Elmont District students who are being exhibited at the Long Island Children’s Museum are pictured with district art teachers and administrators.