Q and U live happily ever after at Covert Avenue
It was a memorable day for Covert Avenue School’s kindergarteners as Mr. Q and Ms. U were united in marriage. The adorable ceremony incorporated all the highlights of a typical wedding, while emphasizing the students’ classroom studies.
Kindergartners from each class were all dressed up as they entered the school’s gymnasium. One couple from each class served as Mr. Q and Ms. U and walked down the aisle, which was covered by a paper runner decorated with the letters “Q” and “U.” Principal Mary Natoli officiated at the ceremony, explaining that Mr. Q and Ms. U would be joined in marriage and spend their lives working together to make words.
Each Mr. Q promised to let Ms. Q stand by him in all the words they make, and each Ms. U pledged to follow Mr. Q in all the words he planned to make, but reminded him that she could make her own words, too. A ringbearer then handed out ring pops to each Mr. Q and the rings were placed on each Ms. U. After the ceremony, students and their families enjoyed a snack back in their classrooms.
Photo Captions: 1. Covert Avenue School kindergartners Alivia Jemmott and Bradley Meenan walked down the aisle at the wedding of Mr. Q and Ms. U.
- Covert Avenue School Principal Mary Natoli presided over the “wedding.”
3. Covert Avenue School kindergartner Bradley Maldonado Diaz placed a ring pop on Inara Contractor during the ceremony.
4. Covert Avenue School students dressed their best for the ceremony.
5. Covert Avenue kindergartner Daniel Francisco (foreground) and Brendan Munsch reacted to the bubbles being blown at the end of the ceremony.
6. Covert Avenue kindergartner Mason Mazzarella served as ring bearer at the “wedding.”