University Day at Dutch Broadway
It was a wonderful day of learning for Dutch Broadway School students when the school held its annual University Day on May 31.
A multitude of indoor and outdoor activities had students buzzing with excitement, including disc golf, CrossFit, scrapbooking, origami and yoga. Teachers and staff presented a variety of topics, while Home Depot representatives brought supplies for students to build plant starter kits. Elmont Memorial High School cheerleaders also lent a hand, teaching cheer routines to some of the elementary students. Whether it was dancing, singing karaoke or looking through a telescope to view the solar system, one thing was clear – students had an amazing day.
“University Day gives the students a chance to experience different creative concepts,” University Day coordinator and teacher Mr. Robert Bambrick said. “It also allows teachers to share skills and talents they have outside of the classroom with the students.” Principal Amy Buchanan expressed her gratitude to all of the presenters for providing students with many unique and fun educational experiences.
Photo captions: 1. Dutch Broadway School students learned cheer routines from Elmont Memorial High School cheerleaders at University Day.
- Dutch Broadway School students Dylan McLeish and Jose Galetti built plant starter kits.
3. Dutch Broadway School student Daanley Desmarais sang karaoke during University Day.
4. Dutch Broadway School student Harlin Valle Garcia tried his hand at disc golf as teacher Mr. Matthew Verdi looked on.
5. Dutch Broadway School student Keyoun Kahan and others looked at the sky through a telescope at University Day.
6. Dutch Broadway School student Elijah Eliacin showed off the inspiration bedside jar light he created.