Clara H. Carlson’s Got Talent
Wonderful original song performances, beautifully choreographed dance routines and exceptionally executed instrumental compositions made Clara H. Carlson School’s annual Talent Show an outstanding success.
Fifth and sixth graders who performed in the show have been practicing for well over a month, after earning a spot in the show through an audition in February. Teachers and Talent Show directors Kate DeRuvo and Courtney Rogener, along with music teachers Alana DeStefano and Ira Weiss, worked with students to make sure their acts would be successful.
“They had to develop their own routines, and some even created their own original songs,” Mrs. Rogener said. “It’s been amazing to see such talent at such a young age.” Principal Stacia Walfall commended the student performers and student emcees, Jaide Altidor, Fuzaan Bhatti, Isabel Montenegro, Kevin Reyes and Amrina Singh, for an outstanding show. She also expressed her gratitude to the stage crew and faculty members who supported the students’ success.
Photo captions: 1. Clara H. Carlson students Rameezah Naz and Anmol Kang performed a flute instrumental to the Harry Potter Theme Song.
- Clara H. Carlson students Anaia Johnson and Eliza Vinoy sang their original song “Leaving Tonight.”
3. Clara H. Carlson students (from left): Deborah Aderibigbe, Anthony Lazo and Miles Gurley delivered an outstanding dance performance.
4. Clara H. Carlson students Isaiah Rivera and Ethan Wilson performed a violin instrumental to Post Malone’s “Sunflower.”
5. Clara H. Carlson student Amani Reid wowed the audience with a unique gymnastics routine.
6. Clara H. Carlson teachers Courtney Rogener (left) and Kate DeRuvo were talent show directors.